Who we are
Our website address is: https://conf2019.dignityusa.net.
DignityUSA values your privacy and strives to protect your personal information. As an organization working for LGBTQI equality, we are especially aware that many people still lack legal and social protections, so privacy protections can be especially important for people communicating with our organization. Please read this Policy to understand what types of information we collect from you, for what purposes and what choices you have regarding our collection of your information. This policy covers the website dignityusa.org and other websites where it’s found.
Collection of your Personal Data
We collect the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our services:
- Email address
- Home/work/mobile telephone number
- Postal or other physical address
- IP addresses and other information collected passively, as further detailed in the “Passively Collected Data” section below
We collect and/or process your Personal Data in connection with the below activities related to our Products:
- Account registration
- Membership registration
- Submitting donations
- Registering to attend a seminar, conference, or webinar
- Participating in an online survey
- Registering for online subscriptions
We use this information for several reasons: to tell you about news, events, actions and other things that you’ve asked us to tell you about (mailing lists); to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then your opinion on the activities and actions of DignityUSA. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
Passively Collected Data
Like most websites, we may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser when you visit dignityusa.org. The information that we collect with these automated methods may include your IP address, cookie information, browser type, system type, and the referring URL.
We use this type of information to measure and improve the performance of our site. On occasion we also access this type of information to investigate or maintain the stability and security of our site.
Our Electronic Publications
If you sign up for our electronic publications, we may collect data by using an embedded image to track whether you open our email and by using a URL that enables us to identify that you have taken an action, such as clicking a link in an email or signing an online petition.
This allows us to build a more effective advocacy program and to inform you about the DignityUSA issues you care about most.
Website performance cookies allow us to make the website easier and more pleasant to use. For example, they may enable us to:
- Determine how often and where you see our “breaking news” alerts or promotions.
- Save you time when filling out a form by populating it with information you provided in previous visits.
If you are visiting our website as a registered user — for example, when you manage your subscriptions for our email lists — we place cookies in your browser that allow our website to recognize that you are logged in.
We use analytics tools that place cookies, in order to give us a better understanding of how people engage with our website. That in turn allows us to gauge the current performance of Website features, and to develop better content. Analytics cookies provide us with information like:
- How many individual visitors we have
- How many visitors are new or returning
- How often visitors come to the website
- What content they’ve visited
- How visitors interact with particular pages or content
In addition, if you click on a link in an email we send to you — for example, to sign a petition — a cookie may be generated that enables us to identify that you have signed the petition.
Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision.
To make any of the following requests, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your service account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Portability: You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Products.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about DignityUSA’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
How long we retain your Personal Data depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we process the data.
Linked websites and third party services
Our websites and services may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit or services you use.
PO Box 376
Medford, MA 02155