DignityUSA 2019 50th Anniversary Conference
Scholarship Application Form
The 24th biennial DignityUSA conference, marking our 50th Anniversary, will be held in Chicago, Illinois from Friday, July 5 through Sunday, July 7, 2019. It will be preceded by a one-day Forum on the State of the Global LGBTI Catholic Movement, held on July 4, 2019, held in conjunction with the Global Network of Rainbow Catholics (GNRC) Third Assembly. Both events will be held at the Westin Michigan Avenue. We invite applicants interested in these events, but concerned about the costs associated with attendance, to apply for some of the scholarship funds generously donated by our members and friends.
To help defray the cost of attending the convention and increase individuals’ ability to contribute to DignityUSA’s mission, DignityUSA offers scholarships based on the following guidelines:
- Preference for scholarships is given to members of DignityUSA, and our international partners, or to those willing to make a commitment to the organization at the national or local level.
- All scholarship recipients will be asked to spend up to 4 hours over the weekend volunteering. Our volunteer coordinator will contact each recipient to schedule volunteer time and task(s).
- DignityUSA encourages recipients to become more involved in the organization’s activities in the year following the conference. Applicants must describe how they believe Conference attendance will lead to increased involvement with DignityUSA, a local Dignity Chapter and/or a DignityUSA Caucus.
- Preference will be given to applications received by March 31, 2019. Awards will be made based on the availability of funds. If additional funds become available, later applications or those not funded in the initial award round may be considered.
Approximate costs are (not including food/personal costs):
- Registration $305 if received by March 31, 2019, or $275 for first-time attendees, $185 for young adults or Delegates to the Global Network of Rainbow Catholics 2019 Assembly who wish to attend the DignityUSA conference
- Suggested donation of $50 for Forum on the State of the Global LGBTI Catholic Movement (Note: this fee is already included in GNRC Assembly registration)
- Airfare ~$500 average nationwide
- Westin Michigan Avenue ~$190 for two nights (including taxes), or ~$280 for three nights based on double occupancy (double room rate is $159/night plus 17.4% tax; per person rate $93.35/night). Up to two additional people may be in room, which would decrease per person rate.
- HI Hostel Chicago – approximately $49.50/night per person. $99 for two nights; $148.50 for three nights
Applications received by Tuesday, March 31, 2019 get first consideration. Those received after that date will be considered only if additional funds are available.
Please email to email@example.com, or mail to: DignityUSA, P.O. Box 376, Medford, MA 02155.