Make your stay in Chicago for the DignityUSA conference in 2019 complete by taking advantage of the wonderful attractions nearby. You can easily spend a week in Chicago as visitors from all over the world do.
Take in a free symphony concert at the Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park, rent a Divvy bike to explore the lakefront, dine at the best restaurants in the country, shop till you drop on the Magnificent Mile, get tickets to see Hamilton or another play at one of Chicago’s acclaimed theaters. Go to a baseball game (the Chicago Cubs play the White Sox on Sunday, July 7).
Summer is a perfect time to take a boat tour on Lake Michigan, to cool off in the galleries of the Art Institute or to stroll around Navy Pier. Spend time enjoying an architectural tour, going to music performances, take in some Jazz at the Green Mill, hit the comedy clubs like Second City, or the many Halsted Street clubs in Lakeview.
10 things to do within one mile of the DignityUSA Conference
1. Visit the Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art
2. Tour a beautiful Gilded Age mansion known for its Tiffany glass at The Richard Driehaus Museum
3. Enjoy the sunshine at Oak Street Beach
4. Visit the historic Water Tower
5. Go window shopping along the Magnificent Mile
6. Check out the new Chicago Architecture Center and take one of its architecture walking or boat tours.
7. Rent a Divvy bike and ride the bike path along Lake Michigan
8. Take a sightseeing boat touralong the Chicago River or Lake Michigan
9. Schedule a guided tour of Holy Name Cathedral
10. Explore the Chicago Riverwalk